Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Abbey & Doug - Wed on July 17, 2009











Where to begin...Abbey & Doug...a beautiful couple inside and out! I met Abbey through Pam Cooley and Heaven on Earth. We were compiling the vendors for their new boutique back in February and that's when I met Abbey, she is a Personal Stylist and amazing at her job. Well once all of us vendors found out Abbey was engaged...that was all she wrote..poor girl! We all wanted to be involved..and of course I wanted her to have the most amazing wedding she could dream of. Then she tells me, "I want to have it in a barn in the country." Ok, I like a challenge and love something new and unique...so I went to look at it. Well... it was a barn, full of 100 year old "stuff", hey, dirt...we really had to use our imagination to start visualizing the layout. But it all snapped into place and it all turned out beautifully. Thanks to my vendors and wonderful friends for everything you helped me with to ensure a beautiful event for Abbey & Doug! It truly was stunning and one of a kind...at least to me it was.
The day was grey, windy, and cool for mid-July in Illinois...but the love between the couple, their families, and friends kept spirits high. All the details were in place, the cross was up, chairs set, music cued...then came Abbey, a stunning bride, eyes filling with tears as she saw her groom for the first time as she walked up the aisle. Doug was beaming as he waited for her patiently. The ceremony brought tears to every one's eyes..and I mean everyone!!

Immediately following the ceremony, guests entered the barn for food, desserts, drinks, and great music by Laura Clark and her band. The atmosphere was warm, cozy, and full of beauty...from wildflower centerpieces, hanging glass globes, candles everywhere, quilts hanging, old family pictures stuck in nooks and hung on walls. Mis-matched old china plates, glass mason jars...the list goes on and on.

Abbey and Doug's wedding will stay with me forever and what an honor it was to be a part of their day!! Congratulations and I cant wait to see you both when you get back!!

No comments: